Clear Soup with Vegetables and Somen (Thin wheat noodle)
Ingredientsfor six servings
Dried Shiitake1 pc
- Sesame oilApproximatley 1 tablespoon
- SaltModerate amount
Long green onions1 pc
GingerA little bit
- Cut rehydrated shiitake and carrots into strips, then rotate and slice onions.
- In a warm pot, add a small amount of sesame oil and sauté Shiitake, onions and carrots, Add a dash of salt and braise over low heat.
- Add water , boil and season with salt and shoyu after cooked.
- Thinly slice long green onion and grate ginger.
- Boil somen until it becomes soft. Then pour somen into a soup bowl and add 3. Sprinkle 4 on the soup.
Recipe by Seishoku Macrobiotic Association.