Marinated Wakame and Sengiri Daikon (Shredded dried daikon radish)
Ingredientsfor six servings
- Sengiri daikon (Shredded dried daikon radish)30g
- Sesame oil1/2 teaspoon
- Shoyu1/2 tablespoon
- Rice vinegar 1 tablespoon
- Dashi2-3 tablespoon
- ChilliModerate amount
- Scrub Sengiri daikon and soak in water for 5 minutes lightly. Drain in a sieve, and keep the soaking water.
- Sautee 1 with sesame oil, add soaking water to barely cover the Sengiri daikon. Add Kombu and simmer it over low heat with Shoyu.
- Rinse dried Wakame and thinly slice. Add to water at a light boil.
- Mix shoyu, rice vinegar and Dashi. Marinate 3 with it after removing the heat and mix with chilli.
Recipe by Seishoku Macrobiotic Association.