“Why are more people suffering from sickness when medical science is advancing?” is a central question of the book published in Japan in 2006 which became a million seller. This book is called “The Way of Living without Sickness” and the author is Hiromi Shinya. He is a world-class doctor who developed the technique of colonoscopic examination of the
gastrointestinal tract and the first one to succeed colonoscopic polypectomy. The revolutionary 'Shinya Method' has become a standard in colonoscopy these days. And the sequel of this book is released early this year and is already sold more than 400,000 copies now.
By collecting vast amounts of data on patients’ eating and lifestyle habits while diagnosing stomachs and intestines of more than 300,000 people, Dr. Shinya came to realize that eating and lifestyle habits not only create good or bad gastrointestinal conditions but also are closely linked to various illness and chronic lifestyle-related diseases.
According to Dr. Shinya’s thinking, to maintain health, there needs to be a smooth communication flow between gene, enzyme, and microorganism. He calls this “triangle communication.” However, it is impossible for us to engage in this triangle communication physically and consciously. Therefore, Dr. Shinya suggests the following health tips to enhance the flow of triangle communication.
- Consuming right food to promote a good gastrointestinal flow.
- Good quality water to promote a good body fluid flow, especially blood, lymph, and urine.
- Right excretion to promote a good gastrointestinal flow and make blood and lymph flow well.
- Right breathing to balance autonomic nervous system and balance blood flow which carries oxygen throughout the body.
- Moderate exercise to promote a goof flow of blood and lymph.
- Good rest and sleep to balance a good flow of Ki energy or life energy throughout the body.
- Laughter and happiness to promote a good flow of Ki energy or life energy.
It is the first time in 50 years that macrobiotic is being acknowledged once again and becomes a sort of social phenomenon these days in Japan. Or case of Dr. Shinya, not using a word macrobiotic directly, the message emphasized on the importance of whole grain and vegetable in diet and avoiding animal products and white sugar as much as possible in diet is delivered to the world out there. If there are more doctors like Dr. Shinya, more people will surely find the true meaning of being healthy.